Monday, 22 July 2013

A bit of a week-end in the country for the City Girls from Ouaga


I am practising having someone on the back of my moto without killing us both, and Thenain is practising being a paparraza.  We both did well.


Beautiful green Diébougou from the Sacred Hill.  Small, compared with London, isn't it?


Thenain and Emefa - and who is the short person?


There were hundreds.  I wondered about giving Emefa a Valium, but then I thought - 'No, what if I need one?'  I am that kind of person.  Selfless, you see?


This is the town's wholly holy holey cathedral.  In this climate, you need air, not stained glass.


The cathedral's outdoor chapel. 


Thenain, Simon and me at the beach.  Well, the barrage.  The water is only about 3 meters deep, the reservoir runs for miles, and the water is particularly extensive during the rainy season.  We clearly need canoes.



The Girls from Ouaga arrived in a rainstorm - Emefa managed to stay dry, and as a result of her charm and class was immediately adopted as their new queen by my former slaves. Huh!


Simon; Canada and Burkina Faso, Thenain; Cote d'Ivoire, France and Birmingham via Minnesota to Burkina and Shona, apparently Burkina and Cornwall.  Sadly, as my loving daughter Nell pointed out, I am too short to reach London ....

(Surely enough photos?  -Ed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment