Sunday, 3 November 2013

Eclipse, 3rd November, Diebougou

 
You may not be able to see this very clearly, but it is the best shot I got of today's eclipse - very exciting!  The sun was about 7/8ths covered at the maximum point and although it was not exactly dark, it was certainly not as bright as it is usually at midday.  It was about UK-bright, rather than Africa-bright.  Apparently, for the best eclipse experience this time around, Gabon was recommended - good to know it is recommended for something! 

 
And here is the eclipse -watching gang, sharing two pairs of CE-approved eclipse specs.  I spent a lot of time holding the specs over the lens of my camera trying to get a good shot, nearly blinding myself in the process.  The Department of Health here had advised that children should be locked indoors for the 4 hours of the eclipse - some hope!  The Diebougou market was very quiet though, and I was reliably informed that if I so much as glanced upwards, my eyes would melt .....


No comments:

Post a Comment