Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Catch-up

Well, Burkina Faso’s worst blogger is off for Christmas.  Tomorrow I begin the three-day journey to reunite with my girls in Accra, Ghana, and from there another day brings us to the beach – we are going to the beach for Christmas!  Whooo!

The Chaps at Home
In the run-up I have said goodbye to Thenain who has returned to her family in
Birmingham where they were pretty pleased to see her:  I don't know when she, Emefa and I will be together again:
Me, Thenain and Emefa

I have thrown a birthday party for Yéri where five women invaded my kitchen and told me how to cook properly:
 
There was dancing:

 
 Johanne came to visit from Ouaga to check in on the project;  here she is with Yéri on my terrace:

 
My landlord is currently staying in the maid’s house and took me to meet the Peuhls who look after the cattle herd he is building here while he lives in a small village in the Black Forest;

 
 My chum Natacha has had her baby – he’s gorgeous and she’s shell-shocked and in pain!
 
And here is one of the ten teams of beneficiaries of the project – this is Team Bamako;  the youngsters will get training, the adults seed-money for starting their own small businesses raising chickens, making soap etc.


It has been a busy month!
Happy Christmas, everyone, and best wishes for 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment