After sitting, chatting and drinking another litre of water we went back
to Thenain’s house to meet up with Jessie and Dominique who were coming over
for the week-end, as they do every week-end.
We booked Suleiman the Taximan to take us to the theatre event we were
to see; sat in someone’s courtyard loaned
for the festival and watched a piece of agit-prop around the Arab spring – interesting,
West African perspective on the North’s obsession with getting rid of Gaddafi who
is seen as a hero here. Then a meal in
another courtyard loaned for the festival then a band outside in the street –
great stuff! Suleiman arrived to take
four Cinderellas home.
The next morning, by collective taxi to Marina Market – the highlight of
my week-end as I got cheese! And
Marigolds! And essential hair dye,
although I am not sure I have the courage to try it …. The colour choice seemed
to be black or nearly black …. Hmmmm
Then we went to Johanne’s to celebrate Isabelle’s birthday – Thenain stayed at home to take delivery of a bed for her future brother in law who arrived with a sack full of wonderful avocados – displayed below and graded by ripeness!
And then they all went to another theatre show followed by another meal followed by a street band – but by this time I was flagging! Early night for Shona.


No comments:
Post a Comment